History

The “Northeastern Wisconsin Steam Club” was founded on May 28, 1954 in Kewaunee Wisconsin. The “Steam” show however was started in 1952 and the first steam and engine show was held in Luxemburg in 1953. The Saenger family was still using Steam power to Thresh grain and there was local interest in the Morrison Lark area. Jim Rabas of Algoma had a “Fleet” of Antique steam engines and was interested in an event and the Reckelberg Family; Herman and Fred also had several pieces of restored Steam tractors. As a result the combined forces became the beginning of the club.

 

The founders were:
James Rabas – Algoma
Frank Kruswick – Algoma
Walter Culp – Algoma
Jack Rapin – Algoma
Harold Jenz – Elkhart Lake
Marvin Saenger – Wayside
C W Bornman – Shorewood
Paul Reckelberg has an early history book of the club with complete newspaper clippings of club activity through the years.
His book is dedicated to the memories of and assistance of:
Ed Westen Sr. and Jr.
Keith Mcglade
Floyd Schmidt
Ann Saenger
Jim Rabas
Chuck Sindelar
Fred Reckelberg
Herman Reckelberg
Milton Guex
Larry Hamm